1. Base: The saddle and column of the vertical feed mechanism are supported by the heavy duty casting of the base. All the components are well designed and heavily ribbed for the best rigidity and dampening capacity. Base is ground finished all over to ensure high accuracy.
2. The Grinding Wheel Spindle: The wheel head spindle runs in precision angular contact bearing are used on the cartridge spindle, integrated with a dynamically balanced shaft, preloaded for optimum rigidity and life, assuring smooth and chatter free finish under the most demanding conditions. The spindle is greases packed. The motor is directly coupled to the spindle through a flexible coupling to eliminate vibrations.
3. The Wheel Head Assembly: The wheel head assembly as mounted on a heavy column enclosed guide ways with cover to keep them dust free. Vertical slide ways and the grinding wheels, creating a perpendicular movement of the spindle in relation to the working table, The housing construction is also designed for better rigidity.
4. Carriage: Are perfectly hand scrapped and matched guide ways to achieve maximum accuracy and surface finish.
5. Working Table: The working table executes only longitudinal movements; This ensures full contact and support from the machine bed. V and flat guide ways are Oil dipped to guarantee smooth table movement regardless of the load on the table.
Surface Grinder Machine is used for assorted grinding applications which include squaring of material, for sharpening cutting tools, truing flat metal stock and for sharpening die sets and punches. Low maintenance, high endurance, efficiency are the exclusive characteristics of these Horizontal Surface Grinder.
All machines are supplied with a Test piece ground on the machine as a guide line to customer so that customer can know the surface finish value possible to achieve on the machine. FINISH: 025 um Ra (using 60 grit wheel on hardened test piece). Surface Finish of the test piece is measured from Research & Development Center, Focal Point Ludhiana and a certificate is issued for the actual surface finish value achieved.